Expand the functionality of your Race Navigator
The RN MODES allow you to adjust your Race Navigator even better to your individual needs. Whether you want to compare special stages in a Rally, collect your data and video on the fly during an endurance race or just measure your car’s performance – here you will find the right RN MODE with customized features.
As a standard, all RN systems come with the integrated Trackday-Mode, making the system ready to use out of the box:
- All data and video are automatically recorded to the internal memory of the RN system. After the recording, they can be transferred and evaluated using the RN ANALYZER or RN CONNECT apps. Additionally, data and video can be exported to an external USB-drive.
- In accordance with the selected track, the recording are automatically divided into single laps and saved as such. Recordings can be directly compared via lap times.
- Depending on the selected setting, start and stop of the recording can be controlled manually or automatically depending on the vehicles speed.
When time is of the essence, this is the right mode to select. Whether during motorsports events with customers or during endurance races – with the Endurance/Taxi-Mode all recorded video and data are available within seconds.
- When the Endurance/Taxi-Mode is selected, the Race Navigator records video and data directly to an external USB-drive that can be removed right after getting out of the cockpit. After inserting a fresh drive, the Race Navigator is immediately ready to start a new recording. This way, endurance race drivers can take their data with them after their stint, while the next driver is getting ready. This mode is also perfect for race taxi and hot lap events, where you want to give clients an USB-drive with the video of action right after getting out of the car.
- Optionally, the system can record video and data both to the USB-drive and to the internal storage at the same time.
Test your car‘s performance! With the Street Mode, you get a powerful performance and diagnostics tool. It offers fully automated tests of acceleration, braking and distance:
- Acceleration test: – select one of three pre-set speed ranges (0-100 km/h, 0-200 km/h, 0-300 km/h) or create a custom range. Optionally, a brake test can be performed directly after the acceleration test (for example 0-100-0 km/h)
- Brake test– here too, you can select out of three pre-set ranges (50-0 km/h, 100-0 km/h, 200-0 km/h) or create your own custom range.
- Measure driving time for set distance. Three pre-set distances are available (1/4 mile, 1000m, 2000m) or a custom distance can be set.
- A special dashboard-dialogue shows you the most important data during the test. Afterwards, you can evaluate the test data on your iPad using the RN ANALYZER App.
- For each test, a separate video with a matching caption is recorded
Do you want to have a head start in the next RCN season? Then this mode is for you! Thanks to its unique features, the RCN Mode puts an end to paper mess:
- Estimate round, confirmation round, sprint round, refueling und final lap are being shown on the display automatically. This way, you always you always know in which lap you are currently in. Laps change automatically according to the governing rulebook
- Real-time comparison of your current lap against the set target time
- Automatic countdown-timer for refueling
- Two pre-set track variants with three racing groups each: Nordschleife und 24h-race-variant
Our systems are not only ideally suited for circuit races, but also for rallies. With the Rally-Mode, your Race Navigator becomes the perfect tool for video and data recording in this kind of motorsports. The mode offers the following features that have been developed with rally teams and drivers in mind:
- Automatic video and data recording of special stages: the Race Navigator detects special stages automatically based on GPS data. Recording begins shortly before the starting line and ends after crossing the finishing line. Optionally, recording can be turned on/off manually.
- Reconnaissance-Mode: During reconnaissance, the Race Navigator maps the special stages and stores them in the system, without the need for external tools or data. Alternatively, the special stages can be mapped and read into the system by using GPS-data provided by the rally organizer.
- Just as in the standard mode, you can display car data like RPM or temperatures on the Race Navigator’s dashboard while driving. This is useful in many situations, for example in order to detect an impeding overheating of the engine.
All your video and data can be evaluated on the iPad immediately after getting out of the cockpit. This makes the Race Navigator a powerful tool during the entire rally, for example for the setup of the car or for comparing special stages.
The so-called Touristenfahrten-Mode temporarily deactivates all laptiming functions of the Race Navigator. This may be necessary if the use of laptimers on a specific racetrack or during specific event is not allowed. The Touristenfahrten-Mode allows you to use your Race Navigator in compliance with such regulations.
When the Touristenfahrten-Mode is enabled, lap time, reference time and time gain/loss are not shown on the display during the drive. All live-laptiming functions are disabled. After the drive, you can analyse your laps as usual with all data and times, on both the Race Navigator and using the RN Analyzer App. Enabling and disabling of the mode is only possible when the car is at a standstill.
- Optional PIN protection. This protects the mode from unauthorized deactivation. Perfect if you want to install RN systems in rental cars for your clients and disable laptiming for safety reasons.
- A special dashboard shows current speed, RPM and car-specific data such as throttle position or temperatures
Activating the RN MODES
All optional RN MODES can be bought from us and activated if they are available for your specific Race Navigator model. You can order the modes directly with your Race Navigator or have them activated afterwards at any time. The activation is done over the Internet and takes just a few seconds.
You can find the prices for the RN MODES in our Race Navigator Pricelist.
Order your new Race Navigator with selected RN MODES now or activate a RN MODE of your choice for your existing system:
RN MODES Instructions
The manuals of the different Race Navigator models offer detailed information on how to use the RN MODES. Please check the chapter Events: