RN Modes are optional software upgrades that enhance the functionality of your Race Navigator. After purchasing a RN Mode, you will have to activate it on your device with a simple and quick procedure. Please follow the instructions provided below. All you need is a working internet connection. Please note that if you purchased one or more RN Modes together with a new Race Navigator system, these modes will already be pre-activated on your new device.
Please note: You must first purchase an RN Mode for your device before you can activate it. You can learn more about the different RN Modes and how to order them from us here: RN Modes.
Activation using the RN Dashboard
Available for: All Race Navigator systems
With this option, you can activate the RN Modes on your device using the Race Navigator’s dashboard. You do not need any additional accessories or tools. The only requirement is a Wi-Fi network with internet access.
- First, please make sure that the Race Navigator is connected with the Internet through a Wi-Fi network. In order to do this, select Settings on your Race Navigator’s main dashboard:
- On the next screen, select Network:
- On the next screen, select Connect to Internet:
- A list of available Wi-Fi networks will appear. Choose your network and if required, enter the password in order to connect:
- As soon as the device is connected to the Internet, you can begin with the actual activation process for your RN Modes. In order to do so, select Settings on the main dashboard:
- On the next screen, select Device:
- On the next screen, select Update. The message „Your Race Navigator Edition has been updated“ will appear. All RN Modes purchased for this device are now active and ready to use:
Activation with the RN Connect App
This option allows you to control the activation process with the RN Connect App on your iPhone or iPad. It is only availavle for the RN ONE (new version) and the RN PRO.
- Your iPhone or iPad must have an active internet connection. This can be a Wi-Fi network with internet access or your device’s mobile internet connection.
- Please make sure that the RN Connect App is installed on your Apple iPad or iPhone. The App can be installed for free from the iTunes Appstore:
- Additionally to its software version, your Race Navigator also has an individual Edition Key. The Edition Key contains a multitude of settings for your device, including available RN Modes. Thus, after purchasing a RN Mode for your Race Navigator, you need to update its Edition Key. To do so, please follow the instructions below. Start the RN Connect App. On the starting screen, select the RN Updates Tab, which is located in the lower right part of the screen.
- Start the RN Connect App. On the starting screen, select the RN Updates Tab, which is located in the lower right part of the screen.
- In the middle of the RN Updates screen you will find the Edition Key Bar with a red-white plus sign. Click on the plus sign.
- An input prompt will appear. Enter your device number, for example RNPRO-93. Please enter the number exactly as it is displayed on the outer casing of your Race Navigator. Make sure to use upper and lower cases correctly. After entering the device number, click on Download.
- After the successful download, the device number of your Race Navigator (for example RNPRO-93) will appear below the Edition Key Bar.
- To continue the activation process, you must couple your Race Navigator device with the RN Connect App. You have two possibilities for this:
- Option 1: Connect your Race Navigator to the same Wi-Fi network that your iPad or iPhone is connected to. If you don’t know how to connect your Race Navigator to your Wi-Fi network, please read the first steps in the “Activation with the Race Navigator’s dashboard” section above.
- Option 2: Use your Race Navigator’s wireless access point. In order to do so, select Settings on your Race Navigator’s dashboard:
- Next, select Network:
- On the next screen, click on AP MODE. Your Race Navigator will now create its own Wi-Fi network. The name of the network is displayed at the top of the screen under Network (for example RNPRO-10_AP). Connect your iPad or iPhone to this network:
- After successfully completing option 1 or 2 your Race Navigator will be connected with the RN Connect App. For the next steps, please return to the App:
- In the RN Connect App, select the RN Devices tab, which is located in the bottom left part of the screen. A list of all Race Navigators connected to the App will appear. Find the Race Navigator on which you want to activate an RN Mode and click on the Settings bar next to it. In the next screen, select Device Status.
- On the Device Status screen, you will find the item “Edition Key” and next to it, the Update button. Click on it to update the settings for your devices. All RN Modes purchased for your device are now active.